Friday, March 20, 2009

Ben in Nijmegen!

So It has been quite a while since I have updated this thing but that is because Ben came to visit and we have been way to busy having the time of our life to blog about it. Now since he is gone I'll start recapping for everyone. Fair warning.... it will take more than a few blogs to update you.
So this was when he arrived in Nijmegen Netherlands! We were both so excited to see each other. When we finally found each other at the train station it was a bit strange. It had been building up for so long that when he got here it was sort of a shock that it was actually happening. We were traveling Europe.... together! It still seems a bit like a dream.

First thing on the To Do list was to have some real Dutchy food. So of course Frits was first. This is really just french fries with a ton of what they call Mayonnaise on top. Its not like our mayonnaise its really like a special frits sauce. I'll bring some home! I tried to talk him into a kroket but unfortunately he had already experienced them and knew to stay away. Instead we got a fresh Stroopwafel from the street markets. You can only get them on Mondays and Saturdays and they are sooo good. Ben had to take 5 bags of them home with him, haha.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you two had a blast! Once I saw that Utah State had lost the game I texted him right away! :( He was in atlanta. It was a short texting talk but I think he probably had to turn off his phone becaseu of the plane. It was great to talk to him! I miss you tons and can't wait to see your face... in person! lol I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete